Sunday, January 27, 2008

raining and pouring

what a week. it has been a good opportunity for growth. things have been coming at me from all directions. mainly helping people manage their lives. i try to step back from this responsibility at all costs. however, there are times when people need to depend on you. usually it is someone with no power who needs you to help them deal with the situation that is above their power to correct.

my mother, my daughter, and my ex-husband are all in need of help right now. it is a daunting task. i am trying to relax and get a good sense of where my REAL responsibilites are. quite the mind task. these issues bring up the concept of boundaries and how we set them. all my life i have dealt with the inability to set real firm boundaries. my main source of anxiety in life is knowing when it is appropriate to say "no" and set a boundary line. i am certain that a lot of this has to do with cultural training and brainwashing. women have been viewed as the givers and the everflowing source of support and people have responded accordingly.

i feel calm and composed right now. i am taking steps to protect that which needs it.
i am gathering information so i can make good choices. a good nights sleep helps as well.

No comments: